Use Fetchmail/procmail on winxp

I've found quite a lot of info about fetchmail and procmail on google
but didn't really find something describing how to make them work with
winxp native mail tools. (My reader is not native winxp but Emacs news
reader Gnus).

I'm well acquainted with setting both up under a sendmail system but
really pretty lost about how winxp handles mail when not using thunder
bird or outlook or other win tools.

My aim is to retrieve from a pop3 server using fetchmail and deliver
using procmail to wherever it needs to go for gnus to slurp the mail.

I'm running winxp home with a recent `full' cygwin install.