Re: ssh problems

At 08:45 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
>(If this is not the right place for this, please direct me.)
>
>I have recently updated an old Windows setup, including a new cygwing
>installation.  We use this machine for nightly builds, using a shell
>script that connects to multiple machines and runs the builds
>(DevStudio in the Windows case).  With the new cygwin these builds
>stopped with a mysterious error -- about 5 hours later I know that the
>problem is with sshd and some permission problems.  After a brief look
>at http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html, I tried moving my
>.ssh away so I have to type a password, and indeed the build works
>fine.
>
>So it looks like devstudio is doing something that requires some
>permissions that I don't get unless I physically type a password.  Is
>there any way to solve this?  I've been trying to play with things
>like ssh-host-config and stuff in the global CYGWIN, but nothing seem
>to be making it work.

You'll need to figure out what that "something" is that DevStudio is
doing.  Sounds to me like you're trying to access a network drive
which requires authentication but that's just a WAG.  But, if you
think that's it, see:

Why don't my services work (or access network shares)?
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html#SEC33>

Holliston, MA 01746