Re: Build/Compile problems with ApachPHP on Cygwin MS-XP

Tony Karakashian wrote:

This is the wrong approach, use the linking flag -no-undefined instead.

I've been searching for a couple of days now for how you're supposed
to do that.  Set LDFLAGS?

Add it to Makefile.am (in case of PHP Makefile.in, yhey don't use automake), there should be the following in every Makefile.in when shared libraries / modules are created (more or less), important are the defines for ..._LTLIBRARIES, ..._la_SOURCES and in our case ..._la_LDFLAGS

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libname.la

libname_la_SOURCES = $(sources)

libname_la_LIBADD = \
	$(top_builddir)/liba/liba.la \
	$(top_builddir)/libb/libb.la

libname_la_DEPENDENCIES = ${version_dep} $(libname_la_LIBADD)

libname_la_LDFLAGS = \
	-version-info $(libtool_VERSION)

here add -no-undefined to ..._la_LDFLAGS.

Setting LDFLAGS should work too if there is no Makefile overriding it (which may happen when the programmer don't care about users who want to use user space env settings / variables).

Gerrit
--
=^..^=