RE: gcc bug: convert_move -O3

----Original Message----

  Absolutely.  There are two *VERY* bad things about that bit of code:

1)  The function call is through a pointer-to-function-returning float, but
the function itself returns a void *.  This is likely to screw up the x87 FP
stack when the caller pops a return value that the callee didn't push.

2)  Also, the function call is through a pointer-to-function-taking-stdargs,
but the function itself is not a stdargs function.  Given the wrong calling
conventions, this is liable to lead to both caller *and* callee cleaning the
args off the stack.....

  A name like 'hack*_pray' suggests that this is an ugly hack that the
author was praying was going to work.....   I am obliged to agree!

    cheers,
      DaveK