Re: GPC Error

Daniel Zingaro wrote:

> I have been using Cygwin on this Windows XP machine for about a year without
> a problem. Specifically, I've been using GNU Pascal to compile my Pascal
> source. Since I hadn't updated Cygwin in a while, I did so, and now I
> receive the following error when I try to compile anything with GPC:

I don't know anything about gpc but it seems to me that the pascal
front-end has been moved out of the main gcc tree into its own project.
The current packaged version of gcc for Cygwin is 3.4.x which does not
include the pascal compiler.  Thus I think you are running into problems
because you have gcc-gpc 3.3.3-3 and the rest of the gcc-* packages at
3.4.4-1 (though you did not include cygcheck output as requested so this
is just a wild guess.)

In any case, I don't know if the old 3.3 version of gcc-gpc is intended
to function correctly alongside the newer 3.4 packages, or whether gpc
is just unsupported now.  You'd have to ask Gerrit about that.  In your
case the safest thing to do would probably be to stick with the same
version of all the gcc packages, so downgrade gcc back to 3.3.

Brian