Re: setup alternatives

Jason Pyeron wrote:

> yes, rpm and up2date.
>
> I was thinking this morning about writing a script to parse the setup.ini
> and generate some no-src RPMs.
>
> It would be better if the RPMs were generated from src so dependencies
> could be created 'properly'.

I don't think it will be as simple as just converting the packages to
rpm.  The rpm command itself will depend on cygwin1.dll, and any
subcommands that it executes (ls, awk, perl, whatever) will as well, in
addition to any other DLLs that those commands need.  This means you
won't be able to install/remove any of those packages with rpm because
it's impossible to replace in-use files under Windows and rpm does not
know how to do it the windows-way.  The last time I read of someone
trying this it ended in rpm segfaulting and not working at all, but that
could have been a while ago.

Brian