Re: enscript ... > $PRINTER fails

davidr@rhotrading.com wrote:

Up to last week, I was able to do

enscript -p- file.txt > $PRINTER

where I had

export PRINTER="//rhosvr01/rhohp4100"
in my /etc/profile

and this worked well.

After my hard drive failed and I reinstalled windows, etc.,
the above enscript command fails with:

So you have a different (newer) version of Cygwin installed now? Or was the installation before the crash up to date?

Anyway, please attach the output of cygcheck -svr in your reply.

bash: //rhosvr01/rhohp4100: No such host or network path

I can print to the printer from any windows app, just not from any
cygwin app.
(I've looked in the archives and tried all the suggestions: lpr and cat also fail with other error messages.
Using the share name of the printer makes no difference, nor does using
(doubly) escaped backslashes.)

The printer is a networked HP laserjet 4100 (just stating the obvious),
and the port is HPLaserJet4100MFP.
I tried another printer (also with no spaces in any name) whose port is
DOT4_001, with the same results.
I used to be able to print to this printer last week, too.

Can anyone please tell me what I forgot to set in windows to make this
work as it did before?

Thanks!
David L. Reiner
Rho Trading