Re: lynx getting segv when following a link with right arrow key

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:24:19PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:14:27PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 06:13:22PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
>>wrote:
>>>On the 20050615 snapshot (and maybe other releases, haven't used lynx
>>>in a while) lynx is repeatably segfaulting when I use the right arrow
>>>key to follow a link.
>>
>>Can't duplicate this.  Sorry.  Do you have a specific site which
>>demonstrates the problem?
>
>Sorry for the lack of details; I was a bit rushed earlier.
>
>Any site, AFAICT.  Just starting lynx with no parameters goes to
>http://lynx.browser.org, with the http://lynx.isc.org/release/ "Lynx
>2.8.3" link highlighted.  Pressing the right arrow key gets:

I managed to duplicate it ten seconds after sending my above message, of
course.

If the problem is really what it appears to be, it's rather incredible.
It seems like the IsBadWritePtr function in thread.cc is tripping
lynx's SIGSEGV handler.  I didn't think that was possible.  It sort
of defeats the whole purpose of IsBadWritePtr.  I have to think about
this one...

cgf