Re: Cygwin bail-out: cygexpat-0.dll not found

cygwin@cygwin.com schrieb am 16.06.05 11:09:54:

> Andreas Eibach wrote:
>
> > Indeed, I was playing around with library packages (clicking them off even though I knew package 'xyz' will need the lib, and got no warnings at all).
>
> If you deselect the packages that setup selects you can very easily
> break your installation, as you have seen.  If you aren't positively
> sure what a package does and that you know you don't need it, you
> shouldn't mess with it.

*laugh*
I was about sure someone would react on it.
Well, as you can guess, I set the X again on the checkbox after that. I just wanted to test whether warning messages occur. I know this from Linux, e. g. SuSE and others if you deselect essential packages.

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-05/msg00250.html
Thank you.

-Andreas