Re: ri dumps core

Steve Kelem wrote:

> Okay.  I ran rebase.  Then I get the same problem.

I just noticed that ruby uses .so for the name of its dynamic modules,
but I think the rebaseall script only looks for .dll.  Make a list of
all the .so files in the ruby package and pass that to rebaseall with
the -T flag, or modify the rebaseall script to look for files ending in
.so.  I think this could be a bug in the rebaseall script.

> Then I downloaded the ActiveState Tcl & Tk, then the sources for ruby
> and built ruby.

rebaseall only knows about DLLs installed via Cygwin's setup.exe, so it
won't rebase things that you have installed on your own, such as in
/usr/local.

Brian