Re: cygwin 1.5.17-1: apache and rebaseall

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 04:25:25PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Joel Denny wrote:
> > In trying to figure out why no one responded on this, I looked back
> > through the mailing list to see if I missed something.  I decided
> > maybe it was the fact that I didn't mention running apache using
> > cygrunsrv.
>
> If no one responds then that usually means no one knows the
> answer.  :(

Exactly...

> The sad fact is that it has been reported before that rebaseall seems
> to render the current apache package broken, so I guess you can take
> solace with the fact that you're not alone.  At this point, it's
> something that either the apache maintainer or the rebase maintainer
> will have to look into.  Unfortunately, the former is nearly
> non-existent on the mailing lists, a fact which has plagued the Apache
> packages for a long time.  On the other hand, Jason Tishler (rebase
> maintainer) is very good about supporting his packages, and might be
> able to shed some light on the situation.

I did not respond because I would have to try this myself to be able to
help.  Actually, I've had problems trying to run Cygwin's Apache in the
past (even before rebasing), so I'm running an Apache 2 I built myself.
Sorry, but given the issues with Cygwin's Apache (as alluded to by Brian
above), I'm not very motivated to spend my limited free time chasing
down this problem.

Jason