Re: Login & Something diff since cygwin 1.5.15-1 release - could it be security changes that were made

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > digging it looks like - I updated to 1.5.17, removed my passwd and group file
> > and rebuilt using:
> >
> > mkgroup -l >/etc/group mkpasswd -l -p "/$HOME" >/etc/passwd
> >
> > still won't login.  Then I rebuilt them with
> >
> > mkgroup -d >/etc/group mkpasswd -d -p "/$HOME" >/etc/passwd
>
> Woops.  Are you using domain accounts or local accounts?  The group

I was actually setup for locals account and merely tried recreating the group and
password files in local and domain mode under 1.5.17 to see if it made any
difference with either set.

> an you please revert to 1.5.14, call `strace -o log.out login briank',
> login, and send the log.out file to this list?

I have attached the log (log14.out).  Just in case I did this for 1.5.17 as well
just in case it would be helpful (log17.out).  This login is using the passwd and
group file I made above using the -l option.  When I made the 1.5.14 log I was
able to control-C to terminate the strace but on the 1.5.17 version I had to force
the window to close.

Thanks for your assistance

bk