error initdb-failed

Hello,

 I am installing postgresql in the Windows 98 with cygwin.
 A signal error 12 is happening (initdb-failed).
 Necessary to install postgres in the Windows 98, then I am using win98, cygwin
and postgresql-7.4.3.

They help me?
I did not find nothing in the aid InterNet?

 I am thankful for the attention.

Juliano F. Angeli
*         Juliano Francisco Angeli              *
*           jf.angeli@faccat.br                 *
* http://fit.faccat.br/~julianoangeli/principal *
*     http://fit.faccat.br/~julianoangeli       *