Re: Rebase dlls not from cygwin

Hermann,

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 07:47:13AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 11:06:29PM +0200, Hermann Klocker wrote:
> > Hermann@dtkloh /usr/local/bin
> > $ rebaseall  -T list1 -v > rb.out
> > /usr/bin/tclpip84.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
> > /usr/local/bin/mpich.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
> > /usr/local/bin/mpichd.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
> > /usr/local/bin/mpicherr.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
> > /usr/local/bin/PHXCppApi.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
> >
> > Do you have any hints regarding this problem?
>
> At the moment no.  However, I was able to reproduce the above.  I will
> enhance rebase to indicated why it thinks a DLL is not rebaseable when
> the verbose option is specified.

Although I haven't enhanced rebase as described above, I have determined
why rebase doesn't consider the Dakota DLLs rebaseable.  The first check
rebase does is to make sure a DLL is a valid PE file.  The second check
is to make sure it is relocatable.

The Dakota DLLs fail the PE check.  This can also be demonstrated by
using file:

    $ file *.dll
    PHXCppApi.dll: MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or MS Windows
    mpich.dll:     MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or MS Windows
    mpichd.dll:    MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or MS Windows
    mpicherr.dll:  MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or MS Windows

How were the Dakota DLLs built?  This could affect their ability to be
rebased.

Jason