Re: Drop Win9x support? (was: Serious performance problems)

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com> wrote:

I guess eventually all of those old Win9x systems will have to stop
working and people will have to buy new XP systems.  Who knows when
that will happen, though?

Correction. Some of us will migrate directly to Linux. I personally use WindowsME for the win32 programs I cannot (yet) run with wine and Linux for the rest of the stuff. I plane no upgrade to Windows XP (Longhorn or whatever comes next from the Dark Lords)...

Jacek

--
"Microsoft tried to create products that even a fool could use, but they ended up with something that only a fool would want to use."
            F.W. van Wensveen, 2004