RE: nedit 5.4 and 5.5 - locale not supported problem

[snip]

> Thank you for answer Gary :-)
> The nedit 5.3 is probably not from cygwin distribution, but I
> don't know from where I downloaded it a few years ago.
> Probably at that time the nedit was not yet distributed as a
> cygwin package.

Well, from your cygcheck output both are linked against cygwin1.dll, so
they're both Cygwin programs, but whether 5.3 was actually a supported
Cygwin package I don't know.

> Do you have any idea how I could start running the nedit 5.5
> with locale support, i.e. how to patch/recompile current
> sources to be linked as in version 5.3?

Unfortunately I don't.  This is probably better answered though by the nedit
maintainer.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle