Re: Running cygwin service via cygrunsrv under account without password in Win XP Pro - impossible?

On Jun  3 06:20, Vadym Voznyuk wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> When I try to run autossh as a service under my account, cygrunsrv gives
> error message:
>
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
> The service did not start due to a logon failure.
>
> This happens only if my account has no password. Once I set any password -
> it works great. Autossh starts under cygrunsrv as a service under my
> account and sets all my ssh tunnels and everything works perfect. I remove
> password, then try every possible way to tell Windows to run it under
> account without password - no luck. Error 1069 again and again.

This could be a result of a setting in your local security policies.
Under Securiy Settings/Local Policies/Security Options you'll find a
setting called "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank password
to console logon only."  This setting only exists on XP and 2K3 and
is enabled by default (at least with recent service packs).  Disable
it and try again.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.