Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:05:28PM +0200, Keith Moore wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> Keith, you don't have a complete reference for the Nt functions do you?
>
>For the most part, using the APIs is pretty straight-forward if you have
>the required prototypes and structure definitions. With the possible
>exception of NtCreateProcess(), there is not a lot of "magic" involved.
>The MinGW project has done a lot of good work in this area. There also
>a ton of useful information in the MS DDK. The DDK is, obviously,
>focused on kernel-mode drivers, but much of the information is applicable
>to user-mode apps.
>
>So, unfortunately, I don't have a complete reference, but there are
>enough "islands of information" around for us to piece together
>everything we need.

I don't know what percentage of the Nt* stuff in the w32api headers came
from Corinna and me but at least some of it did.  Some also came from
ReactOS and maybe some came from Wine.

As I have mentioned, Cygwin already uses some calls but there are some
Nt calls where the arguments are not straightforward.  I know that Corinna
had a problem recently trying to find more info on some function but I
don't recall which it was.  When we can, we use google or the "Nebbit
book" to piece together what is needed.

cgf