cvs/daylight savings again!?

I'm following up in this thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/6688

I can't believe the latest reference to this problem
I can find is from 2002.  Well, maybe I shouldn't be
surprised.  I haven't run into it for years, but now
it's back, with a freshly-installed Cygwin installation
(about 2 weeks old).  I'm in daylight savings time (EDT)
which is GMT-4:00, and when I update, I get GMT-1:00
times in my CVS/Entries isntead of Correct UTC.  What
is the fix?

If something needs to be debugged, I'm happy to try
to help in any way I can.

Thanks!
--
Dave Abrahams