Re: sftp exits with error NULL pointer given as argument

Pavel Rosenboim wrote:

Hi,

I'm connecting with sftp from my work computer running Win2k SP4 to my home computer running Fedora Core 3. My ssh config file turns on port forwarding for several ports. In this configuration sftp exits with error: "xfree: NULL pointer given as argument". When port forwarding is turned off sftp connects without problems. Also this happens only with sftp not ssh. The problem started after upgrading openssh package to version 4.0p1 and doesn't happen with previous releases. I also tried to connect from Fedora Core 4 test3 machine which also uses openssh 4.0p1 with same configuration and it does work.

Output of sftp -v -v -v -v -v pavel@pashar.dyndns.org
Connecting to pashar.dyndns.org...
OpenSSH_4.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/pavelr/.ssh/config
debug1: Applying options for pashar.dyndns.org
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
xfree: NULL pointer given as argument
Connection closed

> Any changes made to /etc/ssh_config?

No changes to /etc/ssh_config, but many changes to .ssh/config. The most significant part is port forwarding (everything works when it is disabled) but I'm attaching my config file if you want to see everything.

Host=pashar.dyndns.org
CheckHostIP=no
Compression=yes
CompressionLevel=9