Re: Is pthread_attr_setschedparam() not supported?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On May 22 15:42, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On May 22 15:04, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

And why is this in /usr/include/sys/features.h:87 then:
# define _POSIX_THREAD_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING	1
?

Yup, you're right, I just replied without looking into the source first
(which, btw., is always a good way of figuring stuff out by yourself,
really).

pthread_attr_setschedparam is supported and ENOTSUPP is returned if the
sched_priority member is not in the range -14 - 15.

What is the difference between 14 and 15? I see in the NSRP source that it is hardcoded to 10 for Neutrino systems, what do you think is better, set it to 14 or to 15?

 -14 to +15
 ^^^

Then I should set it to 15 better;)

Gerrit