New User question

I've checked the docs, faq and google, but can't find an exact answer...

I have a program vic that transmits/receives video over a multicast network connection. The program runs fine when I'm in cygwin, but the larger package I am using expects it to run in windows. So to make the integration work, I'd like to find a way to run cygwin and my vic program then have the cygwin environment quit when I quit the vic program. My first guess was;
c:cygwin\bin>cygwin vic
but I get an error: cannot execute binary file
I also tried
c:cygwin\bin>bash vic
and got the same error.

I'm hoping I've explained what I want to do clearly. If more info is needed, please let me know. I know this a roundabout way to get this done, but the source is not available.

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Video Technology Services
Persistent Infrastructure Directorate
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec