RE: Mv after tar in a shell script problems

> > Oh wait waitwaitwaitwaitwait... What this looks more like is my old
> > nemesis
> > - The Nosy Virus Scanner!  Lessee here... Yep, still doing
> it, let's
> > check if... "ACTIVESHIELD" HAS TURNED ITSELF ON AGAIN...
> >
> > ...only, disabling it and even rebooting don't change anything, I
> > still get "Permission Denied"s.  Gat dang, and I was just
> itching to
> > put McAff... er, I mean, a certain virus scanner
> manufacturer... back
> > at the top of The List ;-).
>
> Hey Gary,
>
>   Are you running Google Desktop Search, or anything else
> that might do automatic indexing of newly created files?
> These days, there's a whole lot more than just antivirus out
> there that wants to spend a little quality time with every
> file created on your system...
>
> -Samrobb

<long silence>

Son.  Of.  A.  @#$@$$##@^%!!!!  Yes, yes I am running Google Desktop Search.
Yes, yes disabling it appears to solve the problem.

Thank you Mr. Robb, I owe you a Coke.  And now, if the Gentle Reader will
allow me, I would like to take this opportunity to <rant_on>:

It is the twenty first gat dang century and our OSes still are unable to
manage a simple file system properly.  Un.  Be.  Lievable.  I've been
overestimating the state of the CS art "in the wild" these days as "rubbing
sticks together and seeing fire."  In fact, it's closer to "rubbing sticks
together, seeing fire, trying to grab the fire, getting burned, lather,
rinse, repeat."  With this sorry state of affairs, it is amply clear that
there is no way these "PC"s as they're called are ever going to catch on.

</rant_off>

Ladies and Gentlemen, you can now expect a new mutt release shortly.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle