Re: Vim problem

Martin Mrazek wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use VIM editor under cygwin (no X-server running) and
the behavior of VIM is strange. No last line showing " -- INSERT --"
when switched to insert mode, no row/col position indicators, no
syntax highlighting (tried to write perl script)....

I tryed to use vim 6.2 instead of current 6.3, but the same result...

What's wrong with the vim?

By default if you have no .vimrc, vim runs in vi-compatible mode.

And, syntax highlighting needs to be specifically enabled in .vimrc even when not running in vi-compatible mode.

Max.