Re: cygwin-host-setup does not install sshd

admin wrote:

> >The ssh-host-config script should normally offer to install the service,
> >but if there is an existing service called sshd (possibly a remnant from
> >an old install that was not completely removed) it will not try to
> >overwrite it.
> >

> that sounds possible.  i tried removing everything called cygwin from the windows registry after i deleted cygwin from my disk to avoid this type of thing, but i guess that didnt work.

A better way of removing cygwin is to "cygrunsrv -R" any services,
"umount -A" to remove all mounts, and then delete the cygwin install
directory.  Rummaging around in the registry is not recommended.

It sounds like you still have a sshd service installed that is
referencing a nonexistent path.  Type "cygrunsrv -Q sshd" to see if
there is such a service, and if so "cygrunsrv -R ssh" and then rerun
ssh-host-config.

Brian