Re: problems in Perl process management

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:22:49PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:19:14PM +1000, Sonam Chauhan wrote:
>>Hi Christopher -
>>your response to Jurgen had mentioned:
>>> ActiveState perl is a windows program.  You can't send cygwin (aka unix)
>>> signals to a windows proram.
>>This should be possible if the ActiPerl Windows executable was executed from
>>a Cygwin terminal -- 'ps' shows it running and 'kill -9' should kill it.
>
>I guess I forgot my signature.

Actually, let me clarify without being flip.

Yes, if you send a "kill -9" to a pid that shows up in ps but is associated
with a non-cygwin process, it should work.  Other non-terminating signals will
not work, and a blockable terminating signal like SIGTERM won't work.  If you
try to send any kind of signal to the windows pid, it won't work.

I'm sorry that I wasn't entirely clear in my original reply.
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com