Re: pwd vs $PWD, bash, cygwin vs Linux

WHOA there.  I think we have a slight failure to
communicate.  I am NOT the OP, I was just chiming in
on the conversation (I should have said PMFJI right up
front, apologies for forgetting that).

That said, I understand your position better now,
especially with Dave's workaround (perfectly
acceptable to me, don't know about the OP).

I certainly did NOT intend to say or to imply that
cygwin maintainers should make any global fix to
address this issue.  I just did not understand the
reason that bash was not the default shell.  Now I do.
 Thank you (and Dave Korn) for straightening me out.

Mea maxima culpa for not being clear in my question or
my comments.

Peter

--- Christopher Faylor