Re: Best antivirus for cygwin? - was Norton antivirus and the Trojans

bob sandefur wrote:

Hi-

Apparently Norton antivirus is getting a false positive with rsync and wget.
I would really like to dump Norton AntiVirus but I have never found any AV
program to be very satisfactory.  I would like the following:
1. 64-bit compatible (if the drivers ever show up I will migrate to xp64)
2. Relatively cheap for up to 10 machines (every year I buy enough three or
five packs of Norton for about 10 or 20 bucks with rebates, uninstall the
old version and run the new version for a year.  This is much cheaper than
upgrading through the Norton web site.).
3. Auto updating.
4. Cygwin friendly

I use AVG myself, but the ultimate option for Cygwin-friendliness is the port of clamscan already in the 'net Release.

You'll have to set up a cron tab to run freshclam to autoupdate clamscan, though (someone else will have to advise you on that).