Re: Best antivirus for cygwin? - was Norton antivirus and the Trojans

At 05:02 PM 5/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hi-
>
>Apparently Norton antivirus is getting a false positive with rsync and wget.
>I would really like to dump Norton AntiVirus but I have never found any AV
>program to be very satisfactory.  I would like the following:
>1. 64-bit compatible (if the drivers ever show up I will migrate to xp64)
>2. Relatively cheap for up to 10 machines (every year I buy enough three or
>five packs of Norton for about 10 or 20 bucks with rebates, uninstall the
>old version and run the new version for a year.  This is much cheaper than
>upgrading through the Norton web site.).
>3. Auto updating.
>4. Cygwin friendly
>
>Any big successes or failures in the antivirus department for cygwin users?
>
>(so far avast looks ok to me)

While discussion of this may be useful to folks on this list, anything
beyond Cygwin's clamav package is probably off-topic here.  Can I suggest
you take this to the cygwin-talk list instead?  It would certainly be on-
topic there.

Holliston, MA 01746