Re: Installation problems

Brian Dessent <brian <at> dessent.net> writes:

[...]
> The version number is displayed when you run setup, on the first page of
> the wizard.  But, as long as you are using a recent version you should
> be fine, as setup.exe does not change that often.

2.457.2.2

[...]

> It could be that for some reason the setup.ini that is being downloaded
> in your case is being mangled, perhaps by some proxy server or other
> software that the packets pass through.
>
> Brian

It's working again. BTW, the setup.log didn't give much information. Just said
that the setup started and ended. The download directories in the path did not
contain a recent setup.ini file. In the end, what worked for me was to change
from Direct connection to Use IE5 settings (but in LAN settings are empty,
and I haven't touched that in a long time). Well, the other thing that was
different was that I ran setup.exe from a cygwin shell and made sure it's the
right one. I(sort of) doubt that this was the issue since all I did was execute
the same thing I was double-clicking on.

I guess, it's also possible that something changed in the repository, I don't
know how to check that.

Thanks for the reply,
George