No medium found

Hello!!
I am having serious problems getting cygwin to work properly on a WinXP.
I don?t understand why it keeps saying that the ?user? medium was not found.
This not only happens when cywing is started, which fires a error message saying that ?mkdir? was unable to create the users? directory and then puts the user in the ?/etc/skel/? subdirectory, but it also happens when the users tries to go to his/her ?HOME? directory i.e. ?chdir ~?.

In the second case; where the users types ?chdir ~?, cygwin throws just one message saying: ?bash: cd: /home/the_user: No medium found?. However, when cygwin is started it displays an array of messages:
?mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/the_user?: No medium found
Copying skeleton files.
These files are for the user to personalise their cygwin experience

/usr/bin/install: accessing `/home/the_user//.bashrc?: No medium found
/usr/bin/install: accessing `/home/the_user//.bash_profile: No medium found
/usr/bin/install: accessing `/home/the_user//.inputrc?: No medium found
bash: cd: /home/the_user/: No medium found
bash: /home/the_user/.bash_profile: No medium found ?

I have searched cygwin looking for a posting or an email that would indicate that someone else has had the same type of problem, but to no avail.
Thus, I am not sure if I have run into a common bug or if this is one of those cases where one has to file a bug report.

Could you please tell me what could be causing this problem, or if I have to file a bug report?
Thanks in advance.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.