Re: cygexec mounted binaries don't inherit PATH during dynamic loading

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:01:10AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 09:33:49PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>>So my question is simply this: in the case of spawning a cygexec-mounted
>>binary, shouldn't build_env at least fill in PATH from the calling
>>process' value, so that Windows can do its runtime DLL loading?
>
>Yes, it should.  I've been closing my eyes to this problem for a while but
>this is the second time it's been reported in the span of a week (the other
>time was over in the crossgcc mailing list).
>
>There were several problems with the handling of PATH and other special
>environment variables.  I hope I have fixed all of them in CVS.  A new
>snapshot is being generated now.

I can't believe that I didn't notice this, but after not sleeping all
night running over various ways to fix this problem, I ended up "fixing"
it by exporting *only* the PATH environment variable to a cygexec
binary.  Then once I fixed that, I reintroduced the lack of SYSTEMROOT
so none of my network apps worked.  What fun.

Anyway, I'm regenerating the snapshot now with, hopefully, a better fix.

cgf