Re: Postgres 7.2

At 10:15 PM 3/24/2005, you wrote:
>I've taken over as admin on a box which is running Postgres 7.2 under
>Cygwin.  I seem to have a problem with the installation.
>
>I don't want to upgrade to the latest version of Postgres (7.4.5) until I
>can get the details of the current (7.2) installation sorted out.

What details are that?  Does it work or not?  If it does and you don't
want to upgrade, just make sure you don't inadvertently upgrade the next
time you run 'setup.exe'.  If it doesn't work for you, there seems to be
little to loose by upgrading.  Anyway, the choice is yours but with the
description you've provided so far, it's not clear why you're asking the
question you're asking.

>Can anyone tell me how I can go about obtaining the old, 7.2 version of
>Postgres?  I don't see it in the Cygwin setup.

You might be able to find a stale mirror somewhere.  Or you can search
the email archives for the announcement of the "Cygwin Time Machine".  Be
aware though that this list does not support older versions of it's
packages.  So if you choose to go this route, you're on your own.

Holliston, MA 01746