Windows group member ship from other domain problem

I had another thread going on this but it seemed to die after I had more
narrowly identified the symptoms:

machine "comp1" is in domain "dev"
local groups "administrators" and "sshusers"  contain
"corp\user1" and "dev\user2"

dev\user2 is fine and shows membership to both groups no matter which is
configured as primary in passwd file
corp\user1 only shows membership to the primary group configured in passwd
file

Any ideas on why this would be the case?  Full trusts are in place and when
I log in to the "comp1" machine as the corp user via terminal, I have access
to files only administrators would, not sshusers.