Re: problems with cygwin1.dll in openssh installation

At 10:53 PM 3/17/2005, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I try to install ssh and sftp server following these guidelines :
>http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html

So you use a site other than cygwin.com as a guideline for installing and
configuring Cygwin but come to cygwin.com when you have problems as a
result of following the instructions of another site.  Since this makes
little sense to me, let me make a suggestion that may make little sense
to you.  Ask nfong <at> pigtail <dot> net about this issue.  If you can't
or won't do that, undo all that the above site described, go to cygwin.com,
download and run 'setup.exe' picking the packages you want, and then use
the documentation in '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin' for the packages you want to
configure to get them running.  If you have problems in this process, read
and follow the problem reporting guidelines at:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

>When I start the sshd service I get the message :"The procedure entry
>point cygwin_detach_dll could not be located in the dynamic link
>library cygwin1.dll".

The version of 'cygwin1.dll' you're running is out of sync with the Cygwin
applications you're running.  It's possible you have more than one copy of
'cygwin1.dll' on your system and that this other copy is old.

Holliston, MA 01746