Re: no-mirror patch for setup.exe

Hello all,
  I've been attempting to install cygwin on a Windows 98 machine, but
although it appears to complete the installation, I suspect that the
setup scripts at the end are not run since the resulting bash shell is
very bare and none of the commands seem to work (no paths set?).  I
have tried running setup several times and I get slightly different
results, - sometimes it crashes with a  "cygwin1.dll error", sometimes
it reports that the installation is finished and sometimes it doesn't.
  I am hoping to use cygwin for the AVR cross-compiler development
suite so I only need basic functionality.
 Can anyone offer any hints to find out what's going on?

Thanks a lot
Evan.