Re: RFE: enhance setup.exe to used cached mirrors file

Ricardo,

I understand your problem with a slow link.

Does anyone know where the source to "setup.exe" is kept?

Sometimes, if I just want to make sure I have the latest version of something I avoid "setup.exe" and ftp the file directly from one of my favorite mirrors. For example , to see what versions of the cygwin DLL src are available look at:
<ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/release/cygwin/>
You could then grab a recent src snapshot with:
<ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/release/cygwin/cygwin-1.5.13-1-src.tar.bz2>

Pat
---