Linux client issues with windows sftp server

Hello all,

I am new to this mailing list so please bare with me.

My goal was setup a SFTP server to server files to
clients on Linux and Windows.

So far...

Using the cygwin setup package I have successfully created a
SFTP only (i.e. no ssh) server, on my Windows XP Pro
machine. I have created a user called "sftpuser" on my WinXP
machine, and set read & write access to cygwin and SFTP
directory, the rest of the directories were set to DENY all
access from sftpuser. This effectively has "chrooted" the user
to the SFTP directory.

This setup works well for my Windows clients with filezilla, where they can
list SFTP directory and upload/download to/from that directory. However
my Linux clients using "gftp" can only list from the directory and are
unable to download or upload to the directory, I am aware this could
be likely due to the difference in UNIX and NTFS (ACL) style permissions,
so I have set Windows environment permission to "CYGWIN = ntsec tty"
still to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.