Problem running xgettext after compiling gettext 0.14.1 with gcc 3.3.3

Hi,

I am working on a project where I had to recompile gettext using gcc 3.3.3. I'm using cygwin 1.5.12. It compiled without issues but when I went to run some of the programs, a windows dialog box pops up showing the following message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I've tried running the application through gdb and it shows the following messages
gdb ./xgettext
GNU gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/peter/tmp/gettext-0.14.1/.inst/usr/bin/xgettext.exe

Program exited with code 0200.
You can't do that without a process to debug.
(gdb)

It doesn't seem to get me to a place where I can look.

When I did a cygcheck on the xgettext file this is what was shown:
.\xgettext.exe
  .\cyggettextsrc-0-14-1.dll
    .\cygintl-3.dll
      c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL
          C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll
      c:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
    .\cyggettextlib-0-14-1.dll
  c:\cygwin\bin\cygexpat-0.dll

xgettext installed from mirrors shows this:
Found: c:\cygwin\bin\xgettext.exe
c:/cygwin/bin/xgettext.exe
  c:\cygwin\bin\cyggettextsrc-0-14-1.dll
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygintl-3.dll
    c:\cygwin\bin\cyggettextlib-0-14-1.dll
  c:\cygwin\bin\cygexpat-0.dll

I've attached the verbose output along with a cygcheck of my system.

When I tried build gettext with gcc 3.2, I didn't get these error messages. I'm not a gcc expert, and I'm only guessing when I say it seems like it might be a problem with a gcc and creating dlls. (I've also tried 3.4 and am having the same problems). What other information would be helpful that I haven't provide here?

Thanks,
Peter

A Møøse once bit my sister