Re: proftpd not run, and is gcc4 for cygwin coming?

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 09:23:42AM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 08:26:43PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >The above is expected.  Please read the README:
>> >
>> >    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/proftpd/proftpd-1.2.10.README
>>
>> Isn't this the README that comes with the distribution in
>> /usr/share/doc/cygwin?
>
>Yes.
>
>> If so, it seems like that would be the best place to find
>> documentation.
>
>Yes, but I use URLs like the above when referring people to my READMEs
>for convenience.  They can just click on a link instead of typing in a
>shell.  Additionally, the above works even before they install the
>package.

This may be a temporary convenience as a fish giving exercise but it
doesn't do much as a fish teaching exercise.  When someone is interested
in documentation that you don't provide, you're either going to get a
query from them about where to find it, or they're going to have to muck
around on their own to find it.

You also stand the chance of confusing someone if the documentation on
your web site does not match the software on their system.

cgf