Re: Can you install without admin privileges?

At 07:36 AM 2/18/2005, you wrote:

My company places extreme limits on how much "root" acccess I have to my computer. Is there anyway to install cygwin without such access?

When I attempt to run "setup.exe" I get the following message:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Is this an NT system?

Depending on what point in the install the error is given, you can try installing to your My Documents folder - I've been able to install many programs this way on work systems. Not sure on Cygwin.

Of course, you may want to ask your IT management if they allow this. I'm sure if you have limited access, it's for a reason. And working around it may be terms for disciplinary action.