Re: perl & Win32 lib support

Am having problems with trying fixes for the below errors --
once I encounter an error in making Win32, I can correct the source
files in another window, but I then it won't let me run "make" on
Win32 again w/o force because it already encountered an error.

If I do a make force, it re-unpacks the source files over my changes.
If I try to do the make by hand, I must not have my INC path setup,
as I get a missing "Config.pm" when trying to "make" outside of
cpan.

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Then -L/usr/lib/w32api is missing in hints/cygwin.pl.

I tried adding line back in, but it didn't seem to make a difference. It seems like it is unpacking into 1 place: build/libwin32-0.191 but then building parts of it in GSAR000[0-4]/... Sorry...but am a bit unclear about where it is copying and building sources...makes it difficult to do things manual at this point.

4) Warning: prerequisite Win32API::Registry 0 not found.
  Writing Makefile for Win32::TieRegistry

----
   What's the warning/prereq not found message about?

5) make[2]: Entering directory `//ishtar/share/CPAN/build-cygwin/GSAR001/libwin32-0.191/APIFile'
Makefile:705: *** missing separator. Stop.

This is annoying, I get it occasionally, I believe it is a bug in
MakeMaker, but I couldn't find it yet. Does the build continue if you add the missing tab and run make again?

Where / how can I run make again within the cpan context? Is there a perlvar I can change using "!" in cpan to tellit to forget the fact that make just failed? Sorry, not a cpan expert here...am bumbling around in the jungle here...:-/

Linda