Re: Help with deleting Cygwin shortcuts

On Feb 8, 2005, at 5:23 PM, Ivan Lenev wrote:

Hello!
Can someone help me with deleting all the files from the
\Cygwin directory?
I was able to delete about 99% of the files in the
directories, but some files stated that they cannot be
deleted because "Access is Denied. Make sure the disk is
not full or write protected." I tried everything from 'Safe
Mode' to deleting with Cmd. All of these files are
Shortcuts to some other files. Ex. d:\cygwin\etc\hosts
cannot be deleted.
I even tried cutting them into the recycle bin. I am also
sure that the shortcuts are not used by any programs or
services.
Any help would be appreciated!!!

-Ivan Lenev

Have you tried change or looking at the permissions on the shortcuts?

Enjoy,
Peter