RE: Problem running cygrunsrv with non SYSTEM accounts

 Thanks for the reply Dave,

>   Anyway, if running as SYSTEM it writes to
> /var/log/sshd.log, but running as an
> ordinary user it fails, then it's almost certainly the case
> that sshd.log is
> owned by SYSTEM user because it was first created by SYSTEM
> user.  If that's the
> case "chmod a+rwx /var/log/sshd.log" should help.

Regarding this, I have deleted the 'sshd.log' file that was created when
it ran under the SYSTEM account.  I also confirmed that the
'sshd_server' user had write privileges to the /var/log directory. Ie:
touch /var/log/sshd.log under that user created a file that was owned by
'sshd_server'.

I subsequently deleted that file.

>   Also, nobody's told Sean to take a look in the windows
> event log yet, and see
> if there was any sign of life there.

The only thing that appears in the event log is the service failure
entries. Nothing of real substance. For example, the following is a
typical entry:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Service Control Manager
Event Category:	None