RE: cygwin and mkpasswd unable to recognize a domain user

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Steinman, Jethro F (PA62) wrote:

> [snip]
> But I'm still having problems with my ultimate objective which is to be
> able to build gcc under my domain log in. I have been able to do this
> with cygwin under a local administrator log in. But when I try using the
> domain log-in it fails pretty early, during the stage of configuring
> binutils-i686-elf. This symptom may be outside the realm of just getting
> cygwin to work. But what surprises me is that the gcc build works fine
> under the local user id. It just crashes under the domain user id.
>
> The gcc build problem shows up as a windows process crash message as
> follows.
>
> "cc1.exe - Application Error
> The applicaton failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Clikc on OK to
> terminate the application."

This is usually an indication that one of the required DLLs doesn't have
the execute permission for that user.  I'm assuming you installed Cygwin
as your local user.  Try running a "chmod -R a+X /" and see if it helps.
You may need to run the above command as the user that installed Cygwin.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT