Re: Hyperthreading Problem - suggestion

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 12:20 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> The last time I tried to duplicate the problem, I ran a test for three
> days, tying up a machine that I use for other purposes.  I'd previously
> tried other variations as well.  The system is an SMP system so there
> should have been a good chance of duplicating the bug.  I'm not going to
> try every variation of this problem when it shows up on the list.

Just a quick observation and a question. Hyperthreading exposed a race
condition in an NT driver of mine that had run for a long time on an SMP
system. The timing is different.

Is there anybody out there who has Windows XP and hyperthreading and
_can't_ reproduce the problem? This is making me nervous about a project
I'm planning, as most of the target machines will be P4s with
hyperthreading running XP.

--
Adrian Cox <adrian@humboldt.co.uk>