RE: ***[Possible UCE]*** RE: Is Cygwin cron supposed to send e-mail reports?

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Regarding telnet on port 25, that must be a local issue.  Until you
> can get {Windows,Cygwin} telnet ... 25 to connect, there is little
> sense trying a mailer.

I agree.

I also realized that port 25 on the Windows Firewall exception for port 25
should be irrelevant to this issue -- Windows Firewall is only supposed to
filter incoming connections, not ongoing connections. (Right?)

Harig, Mark wrote:
> You should be able to find the 'ssmtp' package using setup.exe.
> It is in the Mail category.

Both my setup.exe and package lists are stale.  So, it's time for a wipe/ fresh
install cycle.  Maybe that will fix things.

David