libxml2 and libxslt (was: Python packages that need updating to 2.4)

At the beginning of this week I reported that libxsl2-python and libxslt
need to be updated to use python2.4/site-packages/.  I have since
determined that this also is an upstream problem: the configure.in
scripts in Gnome CVS name python{2.3,2.2,...} but not python2.4.  I have
filed bug reports against those two packages (#163273 for libxml2,
#163274 for libxslt), but I believe the patch is trivial, in case the
maintainer (Gerrit P. Haase) would like to release -2 versions of
libxml2-python and libxslt.

(I'd try to construct a patch if it would help, but I'm afraid it would
take far longer for me to figure out how to construct a usable patch
than for someone to make the changes.  Just look for "python2.3" in
configure and configure.in in the tarballs for the packages.)

Matthew Harris