f77 compiler

Hi-

I recently installed cygwin and have been testing various facets of it,
namely the tasks that I usually perform on my sun workstation. All seems
to work fine except I am having trouble with the fortran compiler.

In short, a program that works fine on my workstation gives different
output on my laptop using the f77 compiler from cygwin. The compiling
command I am using on my laptop is:

f77 -ffixed-line-length-none open.f -o open

This compiles the program open.f and generates open.exe. I receive no
error messages. Numerous lines in the program are longer than 80 spaces,
hence the -ffixed--- qualifier.

I have no idea what's going on. From a compiling standpoint, are there
other qualifiers that I should be using?

FYI, on my workstation I compile using:

f77 -e open.f -o open

Thanks very much.

Dick Henry