Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote

Ah jeez deFaria:

That's clever! Did you come up with that all by your lonesome?

As an atheist I always wonder why christians can "turn the other cheek" but cannot seem to muster how to turn their eyes away!

As a thinking man, I always wonder why atheists:

1. Hate Christianity, yet harbor no such hatred towards all the other religions.

I said not such thing. I think all religions are equally ridiculous! But if you wish to partake in the fantasy then by all means do.

2. Would squeal bloody murder if fortune spit out Bible verses, yet are *proponents* of having it spit out outrageously profane limericks which are offensive to Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Men, Women, Children, Mothers, Fathers, Bosses, Frenchmen, and all breeds of dog in between.

I wouldn't squeal bloody murder. I'd simply say it's stupid. Fortune already spits out a number of stupid things as well as some quite funny things.

If you don't like it then what stops you from simply not looking at it! Is something forcing you to use fortune or Cygwin or open and look at the contents of that file?!?

Is something telling me that fortune is loaded with material completely inappropriate for work environments, material which could conceivably even directly result in "harassment" claims? Answer there is "no" my friend.

Only if you'd claim harassment on yourself. To me anybody poking into my machine deserves what they find.

[x] Because of the hub bub raised by the religious folk I had to download and check it out whereas if they just ignored it so would have I, proofing, once again, that by doing this they just draw more attention to it and cause more harm than good.

Ok, so you have actually been harmed by this.

Whoever said that?!?

While I haven't, I can certainly agree with you that this profanity needs excision post haste.

Then you don't agree with me because I don't think it need excision.

Oh and this randomly chosen signature is appropo!
--
11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's Pentium.